Sometimes out of simplicity, I make dishes that are “semi-homemade”. Which means, part of the ingredients are bought from the store. In this recipe, I used a basic Thai spicy curry sauce I picked up from Trader Joe’s to make the base of the sauce. I thinned it down with some water and let it simmer over the stove with vegetables and tofu. You can easily substitute the tofu for some diced chicken breast or mix and match the vegetables. This is a quick and healthy meal when you are in a time crunch. Make a couple extra servings for a quick re-heat the next day. You can also change up the recipe, and serve it over whole wheat noodles instead of brown rice.
- 1 box firm tofu
- 2 zucchini, cut into cubes
- 1 cup sliced button mushroom
- 1/2 cup diced cooked potatoes
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 jar prepared curry sauce (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup water
- scallions for garnish
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
1. In a large saucepan, empty half the jar of curry and all the chopped vegetables. Once the vegetables are tender, pour in 1 cup of water and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Make brown rice and pour the curry mixture over the rice. Garnish with scallions.